Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Second Month

It's been a long month, but the year has only just now begun.  I've got so many games that it just has been a random choice of which game to play each day.  With the exception of continuing through series, I've put very little thought into what comes next.  The only thing I have put thought into is actually what doesn't come next.  I have actually been looking at games and deciding that they need to be played at certain times during the year, either to celebrate a holiday or to honor game designers and their creations.  The first of these semi random selections is actually coming up this coming week... want to guess what it is?



Yup, the Superbowl.  And while I have no stock in either teams playing, it is a time to celebrate and enjoy yourself (and myself for that matter).  So this coming weekend I'll be playing two football games: All Pro Football 2K8 and NFL Madden '10 (Madden on Sunday with the obvious game: Packers and Steelers). 

But of course this won't be the only game I'll be doing on a specified day: I have a few others I've thought of.  And hey, I'll let you in my head (though I'm not sure you'll want in).  So I'll give you the few I've decided on and then a few more as they pop in my head.  Seems good to me, hope you like it to.

April 24: Easter Sunday.  It's one of the few times that Western and Eastern Easter fall on the same day.  I figure I'll play a "religious" game: Bible Adventures.
October 31: Halloween.  Originally celebrated as the festival of the dead so I figure I'll play one of my few horror games: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. 
November 16: Celebration of the game developer Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of many of Nintendo's franchises.  I'll be playing on of his earliest creations: Mario Bros

Pikachu Week (February 27 - March 5):  Spawning endless television shows and movies due to a silly yellow rodent: Pokemon.  It is one of the largest scale roleplaying franchises allowing more customization then most games ever consider.  The week is based around the original release of Pokemon Red/Green in Japan, which will have its American version played on its release date: February 27. 
Sonic Week (June 19 - 25):  Replacing Alex Kidd as the mascot of Sega, trying desperately to dethrone Mario: Sonic the Hedgehog.  After Sega dropped out of the console wars, it was one of their only franchises to continue after.  The week is based around the original release of the first Sonic, which will be played on its release date: June 23.  
Jumpman Week (September 11 - 17):  Easily Nintendo's biggest franchise: Mario.  While originally known as Jumpman, he took on Donkey Kong before being given his own name and becoming Nintendo's mascot.  The week is based around the original release of Super Mario Bros, which will be played on its release date: September 13. 
Rockman Week (December 11 - 17):  One of Capcom's big three, the first of their multi-million dollar franchises: Megaman.  He's spawned seven different titular series and more games then most video games characters can even dream of.  The week is based around the original release of the first Megaman, which will be played on its release date: December 17. 

And so you know a bit about what the future shall hold, I'll play a game sometime later, but for tonight I'm out.  Adios for tonight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment